What types of Forensic Psychological Evaluations does Dr. Miller conduct?
Dr. Kimberly Miller, PhD, ABPP is a forensic neuropsychologist in California. Dr. Miller is board-certified in clinical neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology/ American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology. She conducts the following:
- personal injury evaluations: child and adult TBI and postconcussion syndrome
- medical malpractice claims relating to brain injury
- emotional distress/ PTSD
- mitigating factors/ mental health factors in criminal cases, including brain injury, dementia, epilepsy
- Atkins evaluations
- Franklin evaluations
- Veteran evaluations
Areas of specialization in forensic neuropsychological and psychological evaluation
As a board-certified neuropsychologist, Dr. Miller specializes in the following issues specifically in her forensic work:
- traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- memory or attention impairments
- neurological conditions causing cognitive or behavioral problems (e.g. dementia, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- autism spectrum disorder
- developmental delays and learning disorders
- brain maturity/ youthfulness factors
Dr. Miller’s credentials at a glance
- Board-Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology/ American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Licensed Psychologist in California, #23018
- UC Berkeley, BA Psychology
- University of Florida, MS and PhD Clinical Psychology, concentration in Neuropsychology
- University of Florida, Neuropsychology Internship
- Postdoctoral Residency in Neuropsychology, VA Northern California
- Owner, Healthy Mind Sacramento Psychological Services, Inc.
- Associate Clinical Professor, UC Davis Department of Neurology
- Expert Reviewer, California Board of Psychology
- Consulting Neuropsychologist, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Northern California
Prior Work Experience:
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UC Berkeley Department of Clinical Science
- Staff Neuropsychologist, VA Northern California (Martinez)
- Staff Neuropsychologist, John Muir Health, specializing in acute TBI and TBI rehabilitation
- Staff Neuropsychologist and Associate Training Director of Neuropsychology Residency, VA Northern California (Sacramento)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association, Division 40 (Neuropsychology)
- American Psychology- Law Society
- California Psychological Association
- Sacramento Valley Psychological Association, (prior Co-Chair, Behavioral Medicine and Neuropsychology Division)
Dr. Miller has authored 10+ peer-reviewed articles and a book chapter.
Dr. Miller has been invited to serve as a reviewer for the following peer-reviewed journals: Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, The Clinical Neuropsychologist, and Journal of Neurology.
Download full CV here: cv_KimberlyMillerPhDABPP 3.26.23
Why consult with Dr. Miller for forensic psychological evaluations?
- You need a board-certified forensic neuropsychologist in California with expertise in autism, developmental delay, traumatic brain injury, cognitive dysfunction or PTSD
- You want to work with a clear communicator, both verbally and in written report
- You are looking for a greater Sacramento area forensic neuropsychologist or psychologist expert to explain in clear terms prior psychological test results or mental health diagnoses
How to get in touch
To contact Dr. Miller’s office, please click here, or call 916-694-2969.